Pack your baggies, load your board, grab a blanket and head down to uShaka for the surf movie extravaganza of a lifetime from 14th to 23rd July.
The Wavescape Surf Festival as part of the Durban International Film Festival 2017, will take place for the first time at uShaka Marine World in Arena 5 (adjacent to Moyo). It features 24 short, medium and feature length movies which is free to the public.
Red Bull films kick start the Wavescape Surf Festival with screenings from Friday, 14th to Sunday, 16th July at 6pm and again on Friday, 21stJuly to Sunday, 23rdJuly, also at 6pm.
- Friday, 14thJuly – Once upon a Time and Smoke that thunders.
- Saturday, 15th July – The rise of us, the Amaphiko profiles – on Samantha Ngcolombo, Thato Kgatlhanye, WandisileNqeketho and Mma’ Mary Raletooane, and Exploring Madagascar
- Sunday, 16th July – watch repeats on selected Red Bull movies screened over the weekend.
Then from 17th to 21st July, the Wavescape Surf Festival will showcase screenings at 7:30pm.
- Monday, 17th July – Valley of a thousand hills and Given;
- Tuesday, 18th July – The Accord, Freedom Riders and Women and the Waves 2;
- Wednesday, 19th July – Within, Freezing, Adapt your mind and South to Sian;
- Thursday, 20th July – The Ghost Ship, Left in Lagos , Against the Current and Deep Blue / Middle C
- Friday, 21st July – Bruce Gold, Risky Business and Let’s be frank.
On Saturday, 22nd July and Sunday, 23rd July at 6pm, Red Bull will once again screen a repeat of the following movies: The rise of us, Amaphiko profiles on Samantha Ngcolombo, Thato Kgatlhanye, Wandisile Nqeketho and Mma’ Mary Raletooane and Exploring Madagascar on Saturday with Once upon a Time and Smoke that thunders ending off the festival, on Sunday.
Remember, entry is free – just bring your mates and blankets, camp chairs or cushions. Food and beverages will be available from Village Walk. For more information contact Ashton on 031-3288000.Tags: Durban International Film Festival, uShaka Marine World