Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Famous Publishing website www.famouspublishing.co.za. The website is a source of information for the communities of Greater Durban, associated with Business in Durban, The Crest and The Ridge magazines. The website is owned by Famous Publishing, hosted by Kablooey Studios and is located within the Republic of South Africa.
By accessing and using this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out in this notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you may not access, display, use, download, copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
Your use of the website
You agree that your use of this website is for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including committing a criminal offence, gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems, or transmitting unlawful material.
You agree to access and use this site entirely at your own risk. Please read the Exclusion of Liability clauses below.
Choice of law
This website is owned and operated within the Republic of South Africa. Therefore, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the user consents to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court in the event of any dispute.
Accuracy of information
While every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this website is current and accurate, you should not assume that this is always the case, and should consult other sources before making any decision to act on this information.
We respect the privacy of all visitors to this site. You may use this site without providing any personal information. However, so that we can regularly assess and improve the site, we collect information on the number of visits to the site, pages viewed, etc.
Copyright and use of material
Famous Publishing retains copyright in the website and all current and future content displayed on the website, which is not owned by third parties.
In terms of a limited licence, granted for general use, Famous Publishing grants the user, subject to these terms and conditions, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and future content of the website for your personal, non-commercial and informational purposes only.
In addition, Famous Publishing grants you permission to copy and distribute information from the website for non-commercial purposes, provided that: (i) this information has not been sourced from third parties; (ii) you notify Famous Publishing of such use; and (iii) the relevant magazine is acknowledged as the source, with reference to the website address www.famouspublishing.co.za.
This website and its contents may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, resold or otherwise used for any commercial purpose without the express prior written consent of Famous Publishing.
We value feedback received from visitors to our site. However, you agree not to transmit any material that is unlawful, harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene. You remain liable to any third party for your comments and Famous Publishing is not liable to any third party for the content of your comments.
Please also note that we cannot respond to all feedback we receive.
External links and advertising
Wherever this website provides links to other websites, this should not be construed as constituting any relationship or endorsement of the linked third party, and reliance on all information provided by the external link is done so at your own risk.
Wherever third party advertising or promotional material is displayed on this website, this should not be construed as Famous Publishing endorsing or creating any relationship between Famous Publishing and that third party. Reliance on any such material is entirely at your own risk.
Any third party wishing to link to this website from their website must obtain permission from Famous Publishing, and permission may be granted on terms and conditions agreed.
- The promoter is Famous Publishing whose registered office is at Armstrong House, Suite 1, 94 Armstrong Avenue, La Lucia 4019.
- Employees of Famous Publishing or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry will be specified on the entry page. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random, with one entry per person unless otherwise stated on the competition page.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Famous Publishing and not to any other party, unless otherwise stipulated.
Exclusion of liability
You expressly agree that the use of this website is entirely at your own risk. The website and all its contents are provided on an “as is” basis, and Famous Publishing makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the accuracy of the contents of the website. Famous Publishing does not warrant that the website’s functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site or its server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
Famous Publishing, its owners, directors, employees, officials, suppliers, agents and/or representatives shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by the user, which arises directly or indirectly from reliance of the website and/or its content.
Famous Publishing, its agents or suppliers shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect special consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by you related to your use of, or your inability to access or use, the content or the website or any functionality of the website or of any linked website, even where Famous Publishing is expressly advised thereof.
You will indemnify Famous Publishing, its owners, directors, employees, officials, agents, suppliers or representatives, and keep them fully indemnified, from and against any loss or damage suffered or liability incurred in respect of any third party, which arises from your use of this website.
Contact details for any purposes related to these terms and conditions
031 584 7010